Podcasting as scholarship – producing knowledge in your area
27 October 2023 from 11am-12pm ET on Zoom
Recording on YouTube: https://youtu.be/g0ko_P-yeyU
- Destry Maria Sibley is a doctoral candidate in English at CUNY Graduate Center and freelance podcast producer, currently holding a Mellon/ACLS Dissertation Innovation Fellowship to turn her dissertation research into a podcast. Find her at www.destrysibley.com.
- John Plotz is the Barbara Mandel Professor of the Humanities at Brandeis University. He edits B-Side Books and co-hosts two podcasts Novel Dialogue and Recall this Book.
- Chris Holmes is Associate Professor and Chair, Literatures in English at Ithaca College. His podcasts are Novel Dialogue and Burned By Books.
- Shruti Jain is the co-host and co-producer of the podcast Immigrants Wake America. She has also hosted and produced IASH Binghamton’s podcast called Confluence: Humanities in the Public Sphere. She is currently a PhD candidate in the English Department at SUNY Binghamton, and she teaches courses on podcasting to undergraduates at Binghamton University. Her dissertation explores eighteenth century British literature, with a particular focus on the networks of Race and Caste in European Enlightenment thought.
- Le Li is a PhD candidate at SUNY Binghamton, and co-host and co-producer of the podcast Immigrants Wake America.
- Dr. Lisa Yun is an associate professor of English and Asian and Asian American Studies at Binghamton University where she works on engaged humanities, with a focus on migration and immigration. She co-produces the podcast Immigrants Wake America.
- Gabriel Cid is philosopher, cultural producer, and researcher working at a Federal University in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where he deals with several activities that combine art, education, media, and science communication within the Faculty of Education. He coordinates the Culture Sector and several extension projects, including the podcast Rádio Paideias (in Portuguese only) and a research project on the role of humanities in science communication podcasts.
Register for Zoom link.