Humanities Podcasting Symposium Registration
A free, virtual program of discussions and workshops about using podcasts for teaching, learning and scholarship in the humanities. Register here.
About this event
The inaugural Humanities Podcasting Symposium will open new conversations between podcasters in the Humanities, guided by the aims of the Humanities Podcast Network. The event will gather instructors, scholars, and independent creators working in the Humanities, and build support for those who are interested teaching with podcasts and/or making their own podcasts. It will be free to attend and open to all.
Our featured guest will be Latif Nasser of WNYC’s Radiolab.
The conference will take place virtually over Zoom (link will be provided closer to the date). You can register to attend in advance on Eventbrite.
Sessions will include:
- Roundtable discussions about different elements of Humanities podcasting, including questions about tone/style/form/aesthetics, audience, interview techniques, accreditation, peer review, open access, and more
- Roundtable discussions about diversity, equity, and inclusion in the podcasting space
- Technical workshops for educators interested in starting a podcast
- Topic-focused workshops for creators who have podcasting experience
- Flash presentations of existing Humanities podcasts
Please register now to attend the symposium, and receive updates about sessions and presenters.