NOTE: this call is now formally closed. It is maintained here for archival purposes.
Call for Contributors
Humanities Podcasting Symposium
October 15-16, 2021
The Humanities Podcast Network is inviting expressions of interest for our first annual symposium on academic podcasting.
The symposium will build on the aims of the HPN to offer guidance and support to instructors, scholars, and independent creators working in the Humanities who are interested in incorporating podcasts into their classroom practice and/or making their own podcasts.
The conference will take place virtually and will include a range of presentations, seminars, and workshops. It will be free to attend and open to all.
Potential sessions include:
- Presentations by established podcasters about their podcasts or a topic related to podcasting in the Humanities
- Roundtable discussions about different elements of Humanities podcasting, including questions about tone/ style/ form/ aesthetics, audience, interview techniques, accreditation, peer review, open access, and more
- Roundtable discussions about diversity, equity, and inclusion in the podcasting space
- Technical workshops for educators interested in starting a podcast
- Topic-focused workshops for creators who have podcasting experience
- Lightning talks or virtual posters to share existing podcasts with the network
- And more!
Please use this survey to indicate which kinds of event(s) you’d be interested in organizing and to briefly describe your proposed topic. The deadline for submissions is July 15, 2021.